College of Design Student Blogs

Some groups to check out!

Hey Friends!
I hope you all are enjoying your summer so far, I know I am. Mine's been relaxing and super busy all rolled into one. I'm really enjoying my internship at Kohl's so far; I'm learning and developing quite a lot and it's only been two and half weeks!

Today, I thought I would talk about student groups, particularly career developing students groups that will expose you to a particular area of interest, and that is a least somewhat related to the field of Retail Merchandising or Design. There are a number of groups listed on the College of Design website, that you can check out here. common.jpgSince there are quite a lot of organizations listed on this page, I have not gotten the chance experience all of them. However, I do want to recommend two particular groups that I have checked and highly recommend; one is on this list, but the other is not.

FAB (Fashion And Business)- I have checked this group out quite a few times, but was unfortunately unable to join this year because of my personal undertaking of 20 credits last semester. However, I highly recommend it because members of this organization get to experience working runway shows, hearing speakers within the industry, putting on events, and many other fun things.

The Special Events Committee- This group is quite wonderful! I volunteered with them for my first to years of college, but as I stated earlier, was unable to this year due to my choice of taking TOO many classes. Volunteering for this committee was awesome, because I got the chance to help with the planning many really cool events for the campus, such as Spring Jam; and a fun plus is that many of these events included celebrities! Such as Common, the rapper, who is pictured with me on the right!

Well I basically just wanted to give you all a heads up on some student groups which are beneficial career wise; now you all can get plugged in right away when you come to campus!

Talk to you soon!
Sashka -Retail Merchandising