College of Design Student Blogs

August Activities

August has arrived and so far it has been a lot of fun. I've left my perch in Sioux Falls indefinitely to spend some quality time with my family before heading back to the Twin Cities to prepare for my last year of school. A few days ago, my parents hosted our annual croquet tournament at our lake home. Although my croquet skills were subpar at best, it was great fun catching up with family and old friends.

IMG_3317.JPG IMG_3346.JPG

Right now, I'm Jefferson, South Dakota visiting my Memeré and Peperé (Grandma and Grandpa). Jefferson is a tiny little town of about 500 people near Sioux City, Iowa. It's definitely an interesting place to visit, as it is a good example of the issues we learn in school about rural housing. While on a walk around town, I took a picture of the St. Peter's Catholic Church, which is the oldest Catholic Church in South Dakota.

IMG_3394.JPG IMG_3403.JPG

Other than those bits of news, I'm excited to get back to Minneapolis in a few weeks to reconnect with my friends and prepare our move from our place in Dinkytown to our new house in the Southeast Como neighborhood. Time sure is flying by!

- Jesse
Housing Studies