College of Design Student Blogs

August Already?

The beginning of August definitely crept up fast, and now I can't believe school is a literally a few weeks away. On one hand, I'm wondering where the heck my summer went, but at the same time, I've been busy. I've had weeks of fulltime work scattered throughout the summer as well as a part time sales associate gig. Then there's my internship, and oh yeah, that social life thing. It's no wonder the majority of my summer came and went in the blink of an eye.

back-to.gifWith the school year quickly approaching, I'm trying my best to make the most of my time by being as productive as I can be. Below, I've created a little end of summer to-do list complete with explanations for each item:

1) Pick up books and supplies. This is important because I want to beat the rush. There's nothing worse than hitting the bookstore days (or the day before) classes start and finding yourself in a swarm of other last minute student shoppers. The other problem with waiting until the last minute is the fear of the bookstore being out of stock on certain supplies, etc. It's best to go as early as you can and take care of business so you can avoid any hassle for later.
2) Plan snacks and meals. If you're planning on living in the dorms, then you actually don't have to worry about this much or at all. And even if you don't live in the dorms, there's always the option of purchasing a meal plan or Flexdine so you're always covered when it comes to on-campus dining. Since I live off-campus, my plan is to find recipes I like and cook on the weekends, then I'll also purchase Flexdine for those unplanned snack attacks.
3) Clean out my computer and all of its irrelevant files. This is a good idea because going into the new school year, I'll have lots of new assignments, projects, and notes on my computer and I'll want them to stay clean and tidy. By cleaning out my computer, I can also delete old files that I don't need anymore so I can save on storage and potentially enhance the performance of my computer. It's a simple way to get a fresh computer feel without spending a penny.

Hope this helps guys! Good luck with your back to school prepping!

Until next time,
Ashley
Interior Design