College of Design Student Blogs

Goldstein Gallery Exhibition

Hello everyone, hope all is well! Summer is wrapping up rather quickly, and its still very busy for me and all my design friends! I'm very excited to have been informed that two of my pieces will be showcased in an exhibit in the Goldstein Gallery this coming Spring! The exhibit is called "Redesigning Redefining Fashion" and displays fashion and clothing made of unconventional materials and garments that are convertible and change in some way or another.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Goldstein Gallery, it is an amazing art and fashion gallery and museum on campus, located in McNeal Hall on the St Paul Campus of the University of Minnesota. The gallery typically shows two to three collections or exhibits a year, ranging from historical work from a specific time period or region, to focusing on a certain designer or costumer's work. If you're on campus, do make sure to check it out! There is always something new to see and the staff are open to answering any questions and to show you around. Find more information about the gallery here: http://goldstein.design.umn.edu/

The two pieces I am showing are described and pictured below!

1) A full length gown made of recycled materials like water bottle labels, broken cds, etc.

Vitamin Water - Minneapolis Uncapped -201 -_.jpg

2) A convertible dress with an adjustable length and color of skirt and belt.

Senior Fashion Show 2011 (13).JPG

Be sure to check out the exhibit when it opens this spring!

Lucie, Apparel Design