College of Design Student Blogs

NASA Published!

Our NASA projects are still in full work mode, being shipped all around the world for symposiums, presentations and events. Its super fun to hear back from these events about how our projects were received and what the response was. Dr. Dunne attends most of the events as well so we get some direct feedback straight from our professor, plus other professionals in attendance. As I mentioned in my last post, our projects were on display in Long Beach, California for the Convergence conference I attended with other students. The projects' latest travels take them to Newcastle, United Kingdom! I cannot believe that my project has been overseas! The event was the International Symposium of Wearable Computers, held annually. Our projects were all well received and our paper, which we wrote about our project and the design process, was published in the adjunct proceedings from the symposium. This is the second time our project has been published professionally!

Below is an image our of project on display at the symposium.

IMG_3524.jpg

Looking forward to this next semester, I have started thinking more about my senior line and what I plan to design and create. I've been researching and interviewing with my target market (women ages 22-35, sizes 8-16) and planning out more specifically what makes sense for my line. I also have been sketching a lot and am loving what I am coming up with. In apparel design school work and keeping up never ends, but its a part of the game and if you're meant to do it, you love it. Which I do!

Lucie, Apparel Design