College of Design Student Blogs

Fresh, New, School Year

Hi Friends! It's the start of a new school year and I am super excited for what this year has in store! My classes all look really interesting so far and my schedule appears fairly light, which makes me believe that the semester is off to a great start.

The first week of class is always pretty fun, but it can get a little stressful too; not only are first day.jpgyou trying to get out of summer mode, but you are also trying to figure where your classes are at and how much time you'll need to get to them. I always try head to my classes a little earlier during the first week, because you never know what little obstacles you may run into, and if you don't run into any, it's always better to be a little early then a little late.

It's crazy to think that I've just entered into my forth, and final, year here at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. I've learned a lot the past three years through my major in Retail Merchandising. The program has really treated me wonderfully; it has taught me to think both structurally and creatively with its mix of business and design classes. The business based classes like Accounting, Retail Buying, and Business Statistics really exercise your analytical skills, while classes like Creative Problem Solving and Design Thinking really show you how to think outside the box. It's such a great advantage to know how to use both side of the brain constructively.

Now, as I venture into this fresh, new, year of school, I'll be sure to keep you all updated weekly on my classes, projects, adventures, and opportunities!

Until next week!
Sasenka