College of Design Student Blogs

Senior Fashion Show

Hello everyone! So this past week and going forward with this semester will be a lot of planning for me, regarding our senior line and the annual senior fashion show. This year it will be held in Rapson Hall (on the Minneapolis University of Minnesota campus) on February 16th. There will be two shows that evening.

Planning a show has a lot to go into it! I am the Promotions Chair for the show, which means I am in charge of making sure our show is advertised and promoted correctly. I am talking to MNFashion, the local fashion organization, to make sure our show is included in their fashion week in February. I also am in charge of talking with the Junior class graphic designers to create our posters, logos and look books. There is a lot to do, on top of designing and creating my own line! Crazy senior year, for sure.

Here is a photo of last year's logo and name "Twelve"
Twelve.jpg

This year our show is going to be called "Flux", which means "in a state of constant change". We thought this was fitting for two reasons: One is that during the show, the aesthetic and look of the collections with be always changing because each designer has a completely different point of view. And two, that we as designers are in a state of constant change, always evolving and developing as we grow. I really like it as our name, and I think it represents us well!

In the next few months I will be creating my final line and working on the show itself! As of now, I am creating my line board, which showcases my four looks, and the fabrics/colors I am moving forward with. I will upload an image of that and talk more about it next week!

Lucie, Apparel Design