College of Design Student Blogs

Workload and Time Management

Hey! Hi! Hello! So I've got got about a week of classes for the Fall 2012 semester under my belt and plenty to catch you up on. First of all, let me just say I hit the ground with a running start this semester. From the moment I started school, I've been nonstop busy. Not in a bad way, just in a busy-bee-working-my-butt-off kind of way.

Here's a quick breakdown of the things I'm involved in:
Interior Design Student, Office Assistant, MCAE Ambassador, CDes Blogger, CDes Tourguide, Sales Associate, and so on and so forth.

screen shot gcal - blog.jpgLet's just say I've got a lot on my plate. From school to work to student organizations (and a million other things), I have a pretty jam packed schedule. Fortunately though, I usually don't feel very overwhelmed because I utilize organization resources such as my Gopher Guide Planner and Goolgle Calender. These are awesome tools for staying organized! Since the school year is still young, I've been working on getting all of my assignments, exams, and project deadlines recored into my planner. I've also been marking important dates in my Google Calender which is handy because I can set reminders weeks, days, hours, or minutes in advance. The benefits of using these resources is basically priceless, and it's stuff I wish I would have known my freshman year. When it comes down to it, the key is time management. In order to properly manage your time, you need to have an agenda, a list of things to do. Over the course of my years in school, I've learned to become more efficient as a student and as a person. Seriously, these are skills that are worth a million bucks, there's no time like the present to start getting organized!

Hope this helps!

Ashley
Interior Design

Wow so organised. Time management is the key of success. This will give the idea to stay organised and get success.
Thanks!