College of Design Student Blogs

Brought to you by Rapson Hall

I want to make a claim that Rapson is the best building on campus 24/7, which of course I am bias. There are always events going on at

Rapson Hall, so I am constantly being inspired by fabulous works from all over the world.

The current exhibit in the HGA gallery is Pickard Chilton Designing Relationships.
This exhibition is part of Rendezvous with the U lecture. As you walk into Rapson Hall through the new edition of the building, you will be welcomed by this marvelous exhibit. It is full with inspiring photos, beautiful buildings, and gorgeous models.

exhibit1.jpg

Continue walking toward the courtyard, there are more to discover. Along the first floor the Cultural Heritage of Kiribati field work exhibit is currently on display. Kiribati is an island nation is the Pacific Ocean. Not many people have heard about it. The first time I heard about this place was when I started working at the Center for World Heritage Studies as a Research Assistant. However, this unknown place has a lot to offer. If you wonder why the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is interested in this unknown country, you need to attend Design@Noon Lecture. The lecture will be on Wednesday, October 10 in Rapson room 225 at 12pm.

ehb2.jpg

Nearby the Kiribati Exhibit, a whole wall of Rapson outside the Architecture office is covered with beautiful drawings. These drawings are student works from Oaxaca, Mexico undergraduate study abroad program. All drawings were done on Mylar with drafting pen. This combination is the hardest to work with; however the students totally dominated it.

oxc.jpg

Oh...Just in case you forgot, midterm season is coming up. Be sure to plan your study, projects, papers, and social life carefully. Computer Lab tends to get really busy during the review time of the year. If you need to print or plot your work, have your work ready and plot it at least a day before it is due. Check out the Labs hours here.

Be inspired with all the great projects around you and take advantage of all lectures and events that are available to students in the College of Design.

See you next blog!
Beau S.
Architecture B.D.A.
*Image credit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.113130825510077.20694.100004394791269&type=1