College of Design Student Blogs

Flux Planning

Hello all! So this week I spent a lot of time actually planning for the senior show in February. Being the promotional chair and head of the promotional group means I am in charge of communicating with the graphic design class of 2014, who works with us to design and create our promotional posters, logo, graphics, etc. The graphic design studio class of 2014 actually has this as one of their projects this semester. It is really cool how the entire design college is really invested and involved in all student and classes work and projects! I met with the graphic designers yesterday and am really excited to see what they come up with for the initial stages of design work.

As I have mentioned, our show is called "Flux" as in, "a state of constant change" We are interested in working off of the notion of flux, the component used as a catalyst in smelting, as in, we are the catalyst for the future of fashion. It is a bit of an ego-centric idea, but we all have such great ideas that we love it! We also love the imagery that comes with that notion. Here is one image we have been working off of:

Flux.jpg

It also is time for me to jump into my senior line full force! I have been drawing technical sketches so I know how to pattern, so this weekend I can spend most of my time in studio working on patterns. I also am meeting with my models to take measurements and have initial meetings. As you can see, I have a lot to do! That being said, I can't wait to see where everything goes!

Lucie, Apparel Design