College of Design Student Blogs

Keeping Busy in the Office!

I may or may not have mentioned that I have a work-study job as an Office Assistant for the College to Career program here at the College of Design. The College to Career program is based out of the Student Services office in McNeal Hall (the design building on the St. Paul campus). My boss' name is Lucy Reile and she is the coordinator or this program. Basically, the reason College to Career exists is so that the gap between working professionals and students can be bridged. We offer a range of opportunities for connections to be formed through things like the Design Student and Alumni Board (DSAB) and our Mentor Program.

college_to_career.jpgIt's currently the Mentor Program season and at this stage we're finding professionals to pair with students in our varying disciplines. Once we've got that squared away, we will match students and professionals in time for our Mentor Program Kick-off event at the end of the month. It's an exciting opportunity for students to get very direct and individualized attention from people who were once in their shoes.

I also mentioned the DSAB. This organization consists of alumni of the College of Design and students in their third and fourth years of their studies. They meet a few times a semester and work to create events and engagements that will connect students with professionals and vice versa.

Programs like these are awesome and the relationships built as a result are priceless. I'm really excited to continue to get involved in my years here at the U.

'Til the next one,
Ashley O.
Interior Design

Extremely educational thank you, I do think your current viewers would almost certainly want more items equivalent to this maintain the great challenging get the job done.

hey guys, thank for the terrific information.

Hey there :) I am a big fan of your blog posts and your blog. One could say that I started my own blog because I saw so many cool stuff on your blog :D Love your work!

Hey, thank you so much for the article post.

Thank you, I've been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I've located so far.

I don't comment very much, but that doesn't mean that I don't follow your posts. I just had to come here to say that I adore reading your texts and I would like to encourage you to keep up the good work. There are not many sites with high quality on the internet, and this is one of the good ones. Greetings from Europe!

Some really nice and useful information on this website, too I conceive the style and design has got good features.

Helped me a lot, just what I was looking for : D.

Thanks so much for sharing all of the excellent content! I am looking forward to seeing more posts!