College of Design Student Blogs

Experience MN

This Saturday I have the pleasure of being involved in the College of Design's event for prospective students: Experience MN. Experience MN is an event that the College puts on ever year showing prospective students and their families' what the College of Design has to offer in the variety of design majors and minors available. The College currently has majors in Apparel, Graphic, and Interior Design, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Housing Design and Retail Merchandising. Many of these departments also offer minors, for example I am pursuing a degree in apparel design, but am getting a minor in Retail Merchandising. You also can get a general design minor, which covers much of the fundamental design work and principles.

I remember attending the Experience MN event when I was a senior in high school and loved it. It really opens your eyes and shows students what the University and College have to offer. I will be presenting some of my best work I have done throughout my college career thus far, and talk about what is next for me: my senior line, the senior show and career options after graduation.

I look forward to seeing many of you at the event on Saturday! Feel free to ask any questions here or in person and I will do my best to answer them!

exp_mn_header.jpeg

Lucie, Apparel Design