College of Design Student Blogs

Final Design Edits

If you read my blog last week, you know that I had my final critique for my senior line last week, which is the accumulation of everything I've done this semester! I got some great feedback and made some changes to certain pieces to make the line flow more and have a cohesive collection.

In design, especially at a large school with an extensive program, you learn that much more goes into design than just designing and creating. Editing is a huge and very important part of design. As the designer and sole creator of a line, it is very easy to get lost in the pieces and not really see the big picture. This is why it is very important to have outside perspectives give you insight on how to create a line that truly flows and defines your aesthetic.

In my critique I got some great feedback, mostly regarding one piece, which didn't quite fit in with the others. After hearing what they had to say, and playing with different ideas and solutions, I changed the piece to the look below. (Check out my blog last week to see the original design)

IMAG0264.jpg

Lucie, Apparel Design