College of Design Student Blogs

Preparing for my Internship

HLmn.pngLife has been busy this past week as I've been getting acclimated to my new school and work schedule, and getting trained in at my new internship at HOME Line, a statewide nonprofit tenant advocacy organization headquartered in Minneapolis. Soon, I will be speaking directly with tenants and offering legal advice (under the watchful eyes of several attorneys on staff) regarding various rental housing issues. Although this is a volunteer position, I will receive course internship credits which will count towards my housing studies degree, and a great deal of experience as well. I'm excited to get going and use my skills to help others!

WillMitchDay_L.jpgThis past Saturday, the upcoming HOME Line interns/volunteers (mostly law students) and I attended a day-long training session at the William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul. The organization's attorneys took turns guiding us through the basics and specifics of Minnesota landlord and tenant law from the application to move out/eviction procedures. It was both interesting and enlightening, and it was a good way to get to know the attorneys we will be working under. I also got to know a few new people, which is always nice.

Stay posted for updates!

- Jesse LaMaack
Housing Studies, B.S.