College of Design Student Blogs

The End Is Near

Hello again,

I proudly present the BDA studio in its most complete stage. With all the hard work of every party involved, our studio is now looking more beautiful than ever. It all started with the wonderful, forward-thinking BDA Director who recognized that the traditional architecture studio does not fully serve the needs of the unique BDA curriculum. Last year, a small number of BDA students, including myself, were part of creating the new learning environment that is suitable for the variety of design works produce by BDA students. We worked on paper, created model, built full-scale cardboard prototype to test the design, and the final design is built with plywood. Check out my older blog for information about this transformation.

We recently had the BDA Open House to celebrate this exciting completion with all the supporters who are behind the success of the BDA Studio Re-built. There were many talented professionals attended. It was great to have conversations with professionals in architecture and design about what we have done, and how we arrived to the final design of our studio. I found out that many of them are working with projects that are similar to the Re-built BDA project. They called it an Innovative Learning space projects. Sounds pretty fancy, right?

open house.jpg

Images from the Open House event by College of Design. For more images, visit College of Design Facebook page.

panorama.jpg

Panorama of the current studio.

I hope you will have a chance to visit us and be part of the College of Design family!

See you next blog!
Beau S.
Architecture B.D.A.