College of Design Student Blogs

Wait, what?

Yeah, so that pretty much sums up my reaction to the realization that school resumes in less than a week. It is absolutely crazy how fast break flew by! But then again, doesn't it always? After almost an entire month off from school, I suppose it probably is about time to get back in there for the spring semester.

In order to prepare for the upcoming semester, I've been keeping busy these past few days. One of the major things that I have been working the hardest at is getting organized. Anytime I'm starting something new, and especially something like a semester, I feel like one of the most important things I can do is organize the heck out of my life. Of course, there's the usual stuff like getting your folders, supplies, and textbooks, etc., but other priorities for me include deep-cleaning my room, sorting through my closet for items I want to donate or sell (at places like Buffalo Exchange, Everyday People, etc.), cleaning through and updating my laptop. Maybe some of my to-dos seem irrelevant to the beginning of a new semester, but I honestly feel like a better person after doing those things and it helps bring good vibes to the new semester so I say it's 100% to do with it.

g1GEB.jpgI'm mostly done with everything I want to take care of before the semester begins, but I do have a few of the things on my immediate to-do list. For instance, I need to look into partioning my Macbook Pro so it can run Windows 7 (so I can ultimately use software like Revit and Autocad on my mac). I also need to do a huge grocery store haul so I can have breakfast every morning, pack a lunch and maybe a snack, and cook tasty (and healthy) dinners.

I'm nervous, excited, anxious, and just about ready for the new semester to begin. I can't wait to have a solid routine again and I might regret saying this later... but I think I miss having homework, guys. Wish me luck for the new semester and I'm wishing it back your way!

Until the next one,
Ashley O.