College of Design Student Blogs

Winter Break Adventure!

I spent the last week at Big Sky Ski Resort in Montana with the UMN Ski and Snowboard club. If you are into skiing or snowboarding, I would highly suggest checking out one of the clubs trips. You will have an awesome time and make a ton of new friends, not to mention that the cost of the trips are a steal! The next trip will be over spring break to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I went on this trip last year and had a blast. I'm hoping to save up some money and go again this spring break.

The week went by way too fast. Snow conditions were great and the 5 bedroom cabins we stayed in were amazing. We could ride down from our cabin to a lift that would take us up the mountain and ride right back to our front door for lunch or at the end of the day. Below is a picture of most of the people I stayed with.

bigsky3.JPG

Coming back from Montana was a little rough, as my week of relaxation and fun ended abruptly with the start of work and other responsibilities during this last week before school starts back up. Aside from working as the student graphic designer at CDes Student Services and doing recruiting for upcoming evaluations at the usability lab, I am making it my goal to finish my portfolio website before the end of the week. If you didn't see my two posts about creating an awesome online portfolio from the last two weeks, see them here.

Have a productive and fun last week of Winter Break!

Sean Mateer
Graphic Design