College of Design Student Blogs

Winter Break

Hello all! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year! I certainly did. Winter break in college is a great time, because you get to have a nice long break in between semesters. It's nice to have time off in between semesters, as opposed to in the middle of them (like some schools that operate on a quarter system) is that you get time off to take a break, without worrying about classes and homework. Who can say no to that?

My winter break, however, is a bit different than in previous years. Our senior show is on February 16th, and we have a lot of planning to work on before the next semester starts! I have been working on a press release to send to various media outlets to publicize the show, and invite press to attend. It is a fun job, but also stressful, because I am responsible for making industry professionals interested in our work!

In addition to working on show responsibilities, I am putting the finishing touches on my garments. I am beading and embellishing a few of the pieces, as well as adding jewelry (which I am also making) and figuring out styling (shoes, hair, makeup, etc.) Our photoshoot for our look book is on the 5th, so wish me luck! Below is a picture of my beading.

beads.png

Lucie, Apparel Design