College of Design Student Blogs

Senior line!

Hello all!

This past Saturday was my senior fashion show FLUX! It was absolutely wonderful and it went off without a hitch! All my models looked beautiful and all the clothing fit perfectly and looked flawless on the runway. This show was the final finish line for us 17 senior designers, after 4 years in the program. I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of our group and how far we've come. Each of us has a specific and unique aesthetic and design style, as well as target market, ranging from punk-inspired children's'-wear to menswear to plus size evening and bridal. We all held our own and showed collections true to us as designers. I showed my line of four evening looks on models ranging from a size 6/8 to a size 14/16. I was beyond pleased by how all my girls looked and with the way the audience responded. In fact, if you're interested in seeing my pieces, I will be bringing two of them to the Dean's Reception this weekend! Some of you will be there, I am sure, and I will be speaking about the Apparel Design program at the U of M and meeting with incoming students about the student life here on campus. Here is a shot of one of my pieces that i will be showing at the Dean's Reception, on the runway!

ElizabethCityPages.jpg

If you will be at the Dean's Reception, feel free to say Hi and ask me any questions! If you won't be there, go ahead and post any questions here and I will do my best of answer them!

Lucie, Apparel Design