College of Design Student Blogs

Bridge Design Project

I got some exciting news in my Lighting course today - new project! We had representatives from LaCrosse, Wisconsin come in today to talk to us about the bridge project we will be working on.

Basically, the city of LaCrosse is looking to add lighting elements to an existing bridge in the Riverside Park area. This bridge is a major focal point of the area and they are hoping to heighten it's relevance and overall presence. The representatives were very passionate about the experience they wanted the bridge to create and enhance.

highway-bridge.jpeg

It's fun getting a project that applies the skill set I have acquired through my interior design education thus far in a new, interesting way. I never thought in a million years I'd be designing the lighting plan for a bridge, but I can't wait to get started!

What's even cooler about this assignment is that if they like our designs, there's a very high chance they will be implemented. How awesome would it be to visit a bridge that had your design incorporated in it? That thought serves as further motivation to really push myself on this project.

I'll keep you all posted once I get a chance to start sketching and researching.

Until the next,

Ashley
Interior Design

nice post, i will share this article to my friend.