College of Design Student Blogs

Spring Break is Finally Here!

I'm writing this blog a little early, because by the time this it's posted, I will be in Jackson Hole, WY with the Ski and Snowboard Club and will have limited internet access. I will have some pictures to share when I get back, but in the mean time, here is a picture of some of our group at Jackson last year:

jackson.jpg

Before I go, I wanted remind you again to check out Public Interest Design Week (hosted by the College of Design), and talk about an update in my design career.

Iconothon is a Public Interest Design Week event that is especially relevant to graphic design students. Spend the day creating graphic icons that will help contribute to the growing visual language of The Noun Project. I'm really hoping to make it to this after I get back from Jackson!

Way back in December, I talked about some of the things I wanted to accomplish over winter break - one of those being creating a new online portfolio. Today I realized that I neglected to mention that I did meet my goal and create a new portfolio that you can view at www.seanmateer.com. The website was made from scratch and incorporates responsive web design so that it adapts to any screen size that a user may be visiting on. Over time, I will be making updates to my site and adding more work, but I am very satisfied with how it turned out! If you are interested in creating your own online portfolio, check out my blog posts "So You Want to Create an Online Portfolio" Part 1 & Part 2.

If you have any questions about Public Interest Design Week or creating your own online portfolio, let me know in the comments.

Sean Mateer
Graphic Design