College of Design Student Blogs

Graduation!

Hello everyone! This will be my final blog entry, as I am officially done with college and have graduated with my degree! This past Saturday I participated in commencement with my entire graduating class of 2013, with the rest of the College of Design. It was a fun day, full of emotions and activities. The ceremony itself was split into sections by major, which meant that I was in line and graduated with my fellow apparel design majors, which was a great treat. It was a fun time to celebrate and share the experience with the girls that I have been with for the past 4 years and bonded with. Our graduation and commencement was also a great treat, because our college and graduating class is one of the smallest at the University of Minnesota. Our ceremony was more intimate than others and we got to share the experience with professors that we knew well, including faculty and others like the Dean of the college. We even got to hug all of our professors! This is something that I truly enjoyed in my time at the University and within the College of Design, the tight knit group of staff, professors and students that you become over the years. The college is small enough that you really get to share experiences with close friends and classmates, as well as professors, that you really feel care about you, as a student and as a person.

Below is a fun photo of my graduating class of apparel designers!
468663_10151581928934455_872413424_o.jpg

What's next for me, you may ask? Well, I have officially accepted a position as an assistnat designer for a small local swimwear company. I am very excited about the opportunity and can't wait to start! I will be working with a very small team (head designer, sample maker, manufacturing team, etc) to create and relaunch their current brand. The brand is one that I admire and has become near and dear to my heart and I can't wait to see where I can go with the company. The company is located here in Minnesota, so I will be staying around the cities for a while, although I will be relocated from St Paul to Minneapolis. I won't be blogging here anymore, but I will be around, so if you ever have any questions, feel free to post here, I'll be watching the blogs.

Thank you for reading!
Lucie, Apparel Design