College of Design Student Blogs

THIS IS IT!

PalladianHourglassz.tifThe big week has finally arrived everyone, and it's already half over! I can hardly believe it - only a few days left of regularly scheduled classes before my last round of final exams... and then commencement on May 18th at Mariucci Arena (due to Northrop Construction). As I sit here and think about it all, it seems surreal. However, my week up to this point has been rather chaotic as I've been scrambling to get everything finished up before the end of the week - multiple group projects, a giant timeline poster, a thirtysomething-page final research and analysis paper, an internship report and subsequent presentation, and a few other things that need final touches. It really is all coming down to this next few days, but I'm so close to the end of it all that the stress is of little concern at this point. Thinking back on it all, I should have expected this level of madness to ensue, taking a full course load, working two part-time student jobs and interning several days per week. All in all though, I'm glad I put in the hard work and powered through to the end - the whole experience has been the hardest I've never worked for something this hard in my twenty-two years of existence and it will feel quite gratifying to walk across that stage and earn my Bachelor of Science in just a matter of days.

As all of this aforementioned ridiculousness was in full swing this past few weeks, I've been completely at a loss for freetime, which I had originally planned on using to do a bit of job searching. That's what I got this degree for, right? Well, I have taken a very limited number of brief homework/working/eating/sleeping breaks to fill out a few job applications which struck my interest, but if there's one thing I've learned as a jobseeker its that finding a job is a full-time job. On the bright side, it is evident that there are definitely jobs out there for housing students and I will fearlessly continue the job hunt until my work pays off.

Life is happening!!!

Jesse LaMaack
B.S. Housing Studies