College of Design Student Blogs

Apparel Designer in the Making

Hey everyone! I'm Lee Tran. I'm the new blogger for the apparel design program at the University of Minnesota, and I'll be blogging about my experiences and myself as an apparel design major throughout the year. This will be an experience and adventure that we can share together!

I guess to get things started, let's talk about me. I'm a second year in the apparel design program. I'm originally from Sioux City, IA and lived in South Dakota for about 8 years. I was previously a marketing major at a different university, but I always had a passion for fashion design, so I did my research and found the program here that U of M. Of course, I looked into other schools when I did my research, but the location, the price, and the city sold the U of M for me.

My life here at the U of M doesn't just end with my academics. I am also an active member of the Delta Lambda Phi fraternity, which keeps me very active with various things in the community, with emphasis on the GLBTQ community. I also have many other interests like shopping for both designer and bargain gems, but you'll definitely get more insight on me as my blog progresses. You'll basically find out that I like to have fun with everything!

Here you can see me with my fraternity at the Pride Parade and below is a closer shot of me in my red toga! I made and dyed the togas myself!

IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

Go to z.umn.edu/cdesblogs and follow my blog to read more about my experiences and me as an apparel designer major!