College of Design Student Blogs

At last!

I'm Karly, and for the last 13 years I've been a Minnesotan. The University of Minnesota was a natural choice for this very reason. Minnesota is a great place to be! There are many things you can do here from swimming in 10,000 lakes and playing in the snow (don't worry, it's not here yet), to going to Twins games and shopping at the Mall of America. I also chose the U of M because of their Housing Studies major.

When I'm not keeping to my studies, I like to sing, play guitar, and make my own earrings. I also love spending time with family, even if it's just a silly run to the thrift store with my sister. I'm interested in volunteering as well. I enjoy helping those with fewer resources. And in looking ahead in life, I'm particularly interested in bettering the situation for those transitioning from homelessness to low-income housing. This is why I chose housing studies.

9-22-1.jpg9-22-2.jpg

I will be blogging throughout the year about my academic adventures here at the U, so feel free and add z.umn.edu/cdesblogs to your bookmarks!

Stay sharp :)
-Karly, Housing Studies B.S.