College of Design Student Blogs

Cheese Curds & Landscape Architecture

Hello everyone! My name is Theresa and I love cheese curds. I am delighted to be the blogger for the Landscape Design and Planning major here at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Check back frequently to z.umn.edu/cdesblogs to read my updates all year about my experience as a student in Landscape Architecture and at the U. This is my third semester on the planning track and I could not be more thrilled to be back. I chose the U for its great location in the Twin Cities (close to my home in Wisconsin), the technology, class size, knowledgeable professors, and the opportunity to join a vast array of clubs here on campus. Last year I took a variety of classes, from landscaping to acting to the history of King Arthur, went on a Spring Break trip with the student group Students Today Leaders Forever (STLF) to Dallas, and joined Greek Life here on campus by becoming a member of Alpha Epsilon Phi. I had such a great time last year, I can't wait for this year and those to come. I'm still unsure of what I want to do after graduating, but as of now I think I want to work on city parks and other things of the sort.
Until next time!

17772_10151574701208767_1602718601_n.jpg

A few of my STLF friends and I working on a tree farm in Dallas, TX.

Theresa
Landscape Design & Planning