College of Design Student Blogs

So Much to Learn, So Little Time

One project down! Yay! My dress project is complete for my apparel design studio class and I got my grade back. I'm not going to disclose what I got, but I'm satisfied with the results. Here is the final dress.

ADes Studio II Dress Project.jpg ADes Studio II Dress Project 2.jpg

Now onto the next project, pants! Pants are definitely not going to be easy, especially since this will definitely be something that I've never done before. There's that, then all my other midterm projects and exams coming up. This includes my Illustration for Apparel Design class, which is proving to be a lot more work than expected. I have a background in art and drawing, so I thought that I would have the upper hand in doing figure drawings, but illustrating figures for apparel design takes on a different set of rules than I'm used to. More things to learn, which is exactly why joined this program, I always feel like I'm being challenged and I'm constantly learning. So if you're not learning anything when you're in college, you're probably doing it wrong.

To get updates about me and see how I'm using putting my new knowledge to work go to z.umn.edu/cdesblogs and follow my blog!

Lee
Apparel Design