College of Design Student Blogs

The College of Design Family

Last Friday I was invited to be a part of Experience Minnesota, which is an open house event for multicultural students, to represent the apparel design program on the student and staff panel. The panel consisted of students and staff representing the architect, interior design, graph design and me, for apparel design. Going through the classes in your major, you grow a strong bond with other students in your major, since you all take the same classes together. You sometimes forget that there is still the rest of the College of Design out there. It's definitely an amazing feeling to rejoin the rest of the college and hearing about their projects or life in their fields. We all have our differences, but yet, still have many similarities in regards to design and our life in the College of Design. It's like we're a big family. This thought is definitely encouraging, knowing that you're not alone in College of Design and that there are other students who know exactly what you're going through and can be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Below you can see Dean Tom Fisher talking to the prospective students, the prospective students, and the student panel.

Tom Fisher.JPG
Propective Students.JPG
Student Panel.JPG

To hear more updates about me, Go to z.umn.edu/cdesblogs and follow my blog!

Lee
Apparel Design