College of Design Student Blogs

Align Fashion Show 2014

Align_banner.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I am SO excited for the 2014 Align Fashion show on February 15th! For those of you who've never been to the show or haven't heard of it, the Align Fashion show is in it's 46th year of showcasing the senior lines of U of M apparel design students. The designers have been working all of semester to create their senior lines that will be showcased on February 15th at Rapson Hall. This year's collections include everything from bridal to children's wear and will not disappoint! I have had the privilege to be included in this year's show, and will be modeling a look from Carissa Prieve's senior collection. It has been so cool to see Carissa's look from pretty much the very beginning and to see how it has evolved and turned into something that I want in the closet ASAP!

The show is not only a great place to see the incredible design talent from the U of M's senior apparel students, but it's also a great opportunity for us retail merchandising students to get out there and network with industry professionals. The most important thing I've learned through my internships in New York City, and even now trying to find jobs out in Seattle, is that you have to network and really put yourself out there in your industry. So whether you're going for the amazing fashion, the networking opportunity (or maybe even both) I really encourage everyone to check out the Align Fashion show. I'm so excited to see everyone's work and to put my best Tyra Banks catwalk to work!

Here's the link for Align Fashion show for more info on the show:

Stay Fabulous,
Katie