College of Design Student Blogs

Getting Acquainted!

Hi everyone! I'm Megan and I'm a new blogger for the College of Design. I'm a first year student just starting my second semester at the U of M and I'm a Pre-Interior Design major. In my free time I enjoy watching movies, knitting, and crafting with my friends (I spend a LOT of time on Pinterest...). I'm so excited to share this blog and all my experiences as a design student at the U of M with you!

Acceptance

I'm from Plymouth, MN, a suburb of Minneapolis. I'm not the kind of person who knew all along where I wanted to go and choosing a college took me a long time. Being undecided of my major at the time, I knew I wanted to go somewhere with a lot of options of majors for me to choose from. After considering cost, financial aid, location and, of course, school colors... I decided on the U! To the right is a photo of me when I received my acceptance letter!

Being a crafty person, my friends and family have told me that interior design would be right up my alley. I've always had an interest in it, it's been my answer for years when I've been asked what my dream job is. However, last semester when I began at the U I was undecided in the College of Liberal Arts. During the first week of classes I went to my advisor and changed my major to Pre-Interior Design and transferred into the CDes. Ever since, I've been confident in my choice and major and am really enjoying taking classes related specifically to what I want to do!

Follow my and other students' stories and experiences at the U and CDes by using this shortcut: z.umn.edu/cdesblog for easy access to the blog site.

Megan
Interior Design