College of Design Student Blogs

The First Day of My Final Undergrad Semester

WOW. I cannot believe four years has flown by. i remember my first day of class like it was yesterday - the classes and all of the friends I met. I am happy to say I still have all of those friends and it has been fun to grow with them, watch those who graduated before me and look forward to graduating with those who haven't.

I am looking entirely forward to this semester. I have three classes - Studio IV, Revit, and a Directed Study underneath Jim Lutz. Studio will be interesting because it has three different options and I get to choose which option I would like to take. However, I have to wait until the first day of studio to find out what the options are. I am also looking forward to working with Jim on a Directed Study. The study will pertain to the planning process and weekend-of tips for the American Institute of Architecture Students Spring Quad Conference that AIAS Minnesota is hosting April 4-6th. I'll keep everyone updated with how the study is going throughout the semester. Here is the promotional video link AIAS Minnesota has developed so far for the conference. Check it out here! If you would like to participate in the conference, you can register to become an AIAS member by clicking here. Registration fees have dropped to $27 for the Spring semester!!! It is a great time to become a member and see what AIAS is all about!

video logo 2.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful first day back and has rested up enough over winter break!

Until next time,
Jen
B.S. in Architecture