College of Design Student Blogs

Let's Get Going!

Well, I am happy to say the first semester of my Sophomore year is done. I had many hard classes and am proud to say that all of my hard work paid off! My final projects went better than I ever could have imagined and were great pieces to feature in my portfolio (which I also have finished). DSC_0018.JPG With all of this hard work behind me, I am off for a quick vacation to Florida before going to Paris(for a week of fun), Rome, and Istanbul! It is hard to imagine that in just under 20 days I will be in a different country. However, I could not be more excited. I went to England and Scotland this past summer and have been anxious to travel ever since. It is important for Landscape Architects (and designers in general) to travel in order to experience a place first hand. Being in a space and feeling its essence allows you to decide what elements you like and want to incorporate into your own designs. How do you know what works unless you see it for yourself? I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel all over the U.S. from an early age and am happy to continue this lifestyle. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and experience a new place, from a new country to maybe a nearby local park you've never been to. Find what interests you and what you are passionate about!

Theresa
Landscape Design & Planning

Good for you! It's great that you're actually travelling and going out to experience life that you can use to incorporate in your project. As I would say to my students as an art instructor, the best teacher in life is experiencing life in its wholeness.