College of Design Student Blogs

Align Fashion Show Recap

IMG_1867.JPG

Last night was so much fun! As I mentioned in my last blog, I modeled for my friend, Carissa Prieve, for the senior apparel design fashion show. I have to say, I was so impressed with the talent from all of the designers. The lines were so diverse, some ready to wear, some more conceptual, but I loved the creativity and passion that came from each collection. I might be a little biased, but I absolutely loved Carissa's designs. All four of us girls looked so put together head to toe, and we all got so many compliments after the shows about how much people loved her line. The best part was seeing all of Carissa's and the other designer's hard work come together and to celebrate their senior collections. I saw Carissa's work from the very beginning when it was just a couple of sketches, so to see the whole thing come together and walk down the runway beautifully was amazing. I wasn't sure what exactly to expect when I said yes to doing the show, but I am so happy that agreed to do it. The whole thing was so professional and organized, from the show's production to the runway coach teaching us how to strut our stuff.

It was such a busy day going from hair and makeup, to the photo shoot, to lining up backstage that I didn't get as many pictures as I'd liked to, but my cousin took some pictures from the balcony that I have to share! I'm hoping to get pictures back from the photo shoot and share later.

Stay Fabulous,
Katie

IMG_1869.JPG

fashion show.jpg

Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 1.35.04 PM.png