College of Design Student Blogs

Let Me Tell You About My Amazing Advisor...

I can't say enough how lucky I am to have had the best academic advisor for the retail merchandising program here at the U! Katrina Thompson has been working with me ever since I transferred into the College of Design my Sophomore year. I didn't have that close of a connection with my previous advisor, so I wasn't even aware of how helpful and supportive academic advisors can be. Katrina has helped me so much throughout my college career with everything from planning my course load to helping me every step of the way with my study away experience in New York City. I really recommend taking the time to routinely meet with your advisor, even if it just to check in. I didn't even know about the U's program that would let me study in NYC and get credit for it until Katrina brought ti up in one of our meetings. Who knows, maybe your advisor knows about amazing opportunities for you and all it takes is one meeting! I really think that having an awesome advisor that has gone above and beyond for me and all of her students has helped make my time of the U the best experience.

ps. I hope you all are enjoying spring break! I'm in Arizona this week visiting my boyfriend during Spring Training. Here's a picture of him pitching!

James Spring Training.jpg

Stay Fabulous,
Katie