College of Design Student Blogs

IT'S OVER!

My freshman year of college is officially over! It's summer and I'm writing this post sitting out in the sun. It feels great! But the end of the year didn't come without finishing up a lot of work

First of all, there were finals. Those speak for themselves. With a few hours of studying I was prepared and ready to go. They went pretty well I think but of course you never know for sure until you get the grade back! A lot of people were moving out of the dorms all week and it was really weird seeing people go and the year coming to an end.

Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 12.09.44 PM.png

There was also portfolio review. On Monday all the pre-interior design students went in for an hour to set up our portfolios and display all the work we had done this year. On the right you can see my display. That day the faculty of the department looked through all of our work and a few days later I got an email saying I had passed! I'm now officially an interior design major!

After the stressful week of finals, portfolio review, and moving out. It's great to not have to do anything. I have a second interview coming up at Hom Furniture later this week and soon I should know if I have the job for the summer!

Wish me luck and have an amazing summer!

Megan
Interior Design (officially!!!)