College of Design Student Blogs

Looking Forward

With final projects and exams all wrapped up, I'm excited to say that I've officially completed my sophomore year of college! The year flew by so fast, it's hard to believe it's already over. Over the past few months I've met some amazing people, grown even closer with my friends here at the U, and developed so much as a designer.

Although I'm a bit sad to see this semester go, I'm really looking forward to my summer at the zoo and have already started planning for next fall. I'm really excited for my upcoming classes and am happy to announce that I've accepted a fall position as Head Designer at The Wake Student Magazine.

wakelogo-01.png

For those of you who aren't familiar with The Wake, it's a bi-weekly, student-operated magazine that covers events going on around the University of Minnesota. All the reporting, writing, editing, and artwork for the magazine are done by students, and anyone who's interested can sign up to write, regardless of their previous journalism experience (or lack thereof).

As head designer, I'll be responsible for the overall look of the publication. We're planning to give the current design a major update, and I already have some ideas bouncing around in my head! If you'd like to get involved with The Wake, or just want to check out their latest issue, you can see their website here or at the link posted above.

Kate
Graphic Design