College of Design Student Blogs

Surviving Finals

With finals just around the corner, my stress level is steadily climbing towards its peak. I not only have three huge final exams coming up, but also my final Surface Design project to complete. During such a difficult time, everyone can use a helping hand, which is why I'd like to devote this entry to one of my favorite study tools - StudyBlue.com.

This website is a great resource for both college and high school students, and has helped me cram for (and pass) more finals than I care to admit. It allows users to create separate flashcard decks for each of their courses, and keeps track of them in an online account, or "digital backpack." You can also share cards that other students have created for the same class, which is a huge time saver. The site keeps track of your flashcard results, marking each one that you got right or wrong. Over time it generates a chart to show your progress, identifying which cards should be studied more.

In addition to its functional benefits, the site has a great user interface and overall look. As a graphic student, I can't help but appreciate such good design! I've included some images of it below, but I would definitely recommend visiting the site for yourself. Hopefully you find it as helpful as I have!

Kate
Graphic Design

StudyBlue-01.jpg