A Man of Justice

Vanity Fair recently profiled the life of famed magazine writer to reveal the fall and rise of a morally motivated individual.

The magazine paid tribute to Dominick Dunne, one of its key contributors over the past decade, who spent 15 years of his life covering the biggest celebrity murder cases of the time.

Michael Hogan drew me into the story of Dunne's life, focusing on the pivotal events that defined his career. 

Hogan deftly accents key moments of the story with both the larger events of Dunne's life along with the more intimate nondescript moments.

Hogan is able to write about the most tragic of moments, mainly, the murder of Dunne's daughter, with a sense of genuine empathy.  I did not feel as if it was exploitative, since that would have been an easy way to draw interest.

Overall, it was a great feature that used its length to its advantage by providing an in-depth look into the life of a man that I did not know about.

This page contains a single entry by detvo001 published on December 2, 2009 5:28 PM.

A Lifetime of Gaming Achievements was the previous entry in this blog.

Butter is interesting is the next entry in this blog.