Butter is interesting

The Star Tribune ran a feature today about buying the best ingredients for the best baking results for the upcoming holidays.

Pat Sinclair pulls off being educational in tone without sounding like a page out of a textbook.  It is not the most entertaining feature, but I kept reading based on all the new information revealed about baking ingredients.

Each ingredient entry is short and to the point, making it a good quick read for anyone quickly scanning the lifestyle section of the Star Tribune.

The feature was effective in its message because I was quite hungry after reading all three pages, yet I was curiously unmotivated to go out and bake something myself.

Sinclair's feature is full of facts, yet short on entertainment value or motivation to push the reader into exploring the topic further.

After reading this, I now have valuable knowledge about butter, milk, and all sorts of baking ingredients that are foreign to me.

There was so much potential for this news feature, but Pat Sinclair didn't make the most of this story. The article read like a series of bullet points.

I agree that this feature was quick and to the point, and that's what kept me reading even though it wasnt as interesting as I thought it would be. I am now also more knowledgable about butter, sugar, flour, and eggs; but this article didn't stimulate my interest in food.

There was no life in feature. Considering that this story was about food and the holidays, you would have thought Sinclair would have taken a different approach, and added more color to his feature.

This page contains a single entry by detvo001 published on December 2, 2009 5:29 PM.

A Man of Justice was the previous entry in this blog.