« Thousands still without power in Kentucky | Main | Three arrested in connection with St. Paul shooting »

Police I.D. three victims in crash near Menomonie

Authorities have identified the three victims who died in plane crash Friday night near Menomonie.

On Sunday morning, the Star Tribune reported Laurence Berg, 51, died after crashing his Cirus SR20 aircraft while flying towards his home in Houlton.

Also killed in the crash were Berg’s 53-year-old wife, Vicki, and 44-year old Brett Weller.

WCCO.com is reporting the National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the crash but has not issued a cause for the crash.

“We are doing wreckage documentation and a diagram of the wreckage site," Jim Silliman, the Air Safety Investigator for the NTSB said to the Star Tribune. "The impact and going through the ravine and woods did create significant structural damage to the aircraft."

The Pioneer Press interviewed two who paint separate pictures.

Menomonie native Jackson McMahon was driving home when he witnessed the crash.

“I saw something that looked like a big shooting star. Then, on the horizon, I saw a big, pink glow,? McMahon said.

Meanwhile, Gay Evenson said neither she nor her husband heard anything from their nearby home.

“I don’t think the motor was going, or we would have heard it,? Evenson said.