« Bemidji State advances to Frozen Four | Main | Chaska bakery to close after 138 years »

GOP endorses Ng for St. Paul mayor race

A St. Paul woman announced she will run for mayor this year although two local media outlets tell a slightly different story.
Eva Ng, who is describes herself as a “mainstream center-right conservative” in the Pioneer Press will run against DFL incumbent Chris Coleman this fall, according to the news outlet.
The Pioneer Press printed that Ng, who has never sought an elected position, will run as an Independent although a more thorough report by the Star Tribune claims she was endorsed by local Republicans as the GOP candidate.
The Star Tribune also reported Ng was born in Hong Kong, immigrated to the United States when she was 10 and currently works as the CEO of Blanda Inc. in Eagan.
"This isn't something I imagined for myself, but this is the time," she said to media outlet. "It's a stressful time, and the city is strained, and I have resources and skills to bust the budget apart, find savings and make things happen."
The Star Tribune also reported former GOP candidate John Krenik has stepped out of the race to run for a seat on the St. Paul school board. The Pioneer Press continued to label Krenik as a candidate for the mayoral race.