« Greg #18 | Main | Ryan Bender #4: Game at City Stadium »

Brendan Harper

Tonight we had the opportunity to play under the lights in professional stadium against America Football Club’s 17s team, we pulled off a 2-1 victory. It was a game that many of us will be able to play forward and backwards in our mind’s for many days to come as we were all taking in and cherishing every moment of this rare occasion.

After our game was finished we then stayed after to view the senior side of AFC take on Sao Paulo Football Club, it was by far the best atmosphere for a soccer match I have ever been to. The enthusiasm and passion that all of the fans showed for the game was unlike anything any of us had ever seen before. AFC was able to pull off a 3-1 victory which made the atmosphere all the more enjoyable as the home fans showed their appreciation. We had an exceptional experience of a different kind in the morning as we took a city tour of Natal and then visited the local orphanage and nursing home. It was difficult to hold back the emotions at the orphanage as we see how little all of these children have, it helped us all realize how spoiled we are back home with all of the things we take for granted. Many of the children at the orphanage have never heard a parent say “I love you? as many of them don’t even know their parents. The nursing home, for me at least, just strengthened my viewpoint that we need to appreciate the time we have now because our health of both body and mind are very fragile and can be taken from us at any time. Overall the day gave great experiences to all of us and once again the trip has given us memories and life lessons to take back with us to the United States