« Ryan Bender #4: Game at City Stadium | Main | A day filled with emotion! - Day 8 – Scott Turnbull »

Chris Blahna

Today we visited a Brazilian orphanage. It was really nice that we were able to help them out by bringing them some toys and clothing for them to wear. The looks on their faces when they saw all the stuff we brought was amazing. There was the cutest 2 year old boy there and lots of people got the chance to hold him. I was the last of the line. When i had held him and gotten a pic with him i tried to set him down and he struggled and tried to stay in my arms. I didn't want him to cry to i passed him off to a lady that worked there much to his dismay. It was amazing how in such a short period of time of being shown love and care that he could pick up on it. It was probably one of the saddest things i have seen so far on this trip. The kids have almost nothing and we have so much back home. It really makes me thankful for what i have and the opportunities i have been given throughout my life.