« Week 11 - Paper 3 | Main | Week 13 - Nice Weather »

Week 12 - Back at Lincoln

We went to Lincoln for the first time in a little while as our schools' respective schedules had been conflicting. Tutoring this week turned out to be a nice little math review. The kids I helped were actually doing quite advanced math, which was impressive to me. I must say that thus far, I haven't been too challenged by any of the material which has been presented to me, but this time was different. I was actually struggling to remember concepts that I had so easily forgotten after I had taken the unit test.

It was quite refreshing to see that some of Lincoln's students are actually very talented when it comes to the sciences. I think the reason that I've noticed so few students with advanced work is that most of their students have not quite mastered the level of language needed to take advanced courses. It seems that so many students at Lincoln have so much English to learn that they don't have time do concentrate on anything else. So it was enjoyable seeing students who were on the advanced side of the student spectrum.

With the school year wrapping up, I'm not sure how many more times we'll be making it downtown. I finally logged some of my hours online after not doing it for practically the entire semester. I only have a few things left to do during this semester, this blogging being one of them. I'll be moving my stuff home next weekend, and then just commuting from Eau Claire for my last few tests. My last couple of posts will talk more about my paper, as well as any further trips downtown.