« Harvard names 1st woman President | Main | Portugal vote may change abortion laws »

St. Paul man dies in fire

A 29 year-old St. Paul man died in a grease fire on Saturday night, the Star Tribune is reporting. Authorities believe that the man, Ronrico Madison, was cooking with a pot on the stove, when the oil in the pot caught fire. They believe Madison tried to put out the fire with water. In cases of grease fires, Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said, water only makes the fire spread farther, and get larger.

The fire was discovered when the Madison's mother came home to the house on Goodrich avenue, and she saw the fire and called 911. Firefighters got Madison out of the house and took him to St. Paul's Regions hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Extensive damage was done to the first floor of the house, but no other residents were harmed.

The article can be found here:
http://http://www.startribune.com/462/story/994956.html

A Pioneer Press article for comparison can be found here:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/breaking_news/16677233.htm