Role Play

Role Play

A Funny Video I helped Edit

Tags, Keywords, Privacy, Trackback and Assets.

Tags allow for individuals to search for a entry in an easier way. The movabletype blog allows you to build a tag cloud in which you can place on the left or right sides through the design drop down under the heading widgets. remember to add a comma after each tag.

*widgets are special items the movable type recognizes and they do different things.

Keywords allow users to search easier. Keywords is a meta item for your website and helps users find it on google and other queries.

*meta data are information stored on the site for site recognition

You can set the privacy level for your entry, whether it should be public or private (on the right side)

Trackback urls allows a person to use it on their blog to reference yours. if a person does that and their blog system allows for automatic ping backs you will be able to see a count of how many people are trackbacking your entry.

Lastly you can drag this screen to make it larger or smaller for writing prefences.

Graphics

Graphics are cool... Lets try adding some in the Extended body and on the Body page.

Click on the image button up top. And upload and image to add on to the body

mycover.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-21 at 2.32.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-21 at 2.29.58 PM.png

This post is for Design Elements

Hello this is the body, not Extended

The Journey Begins Today

Hello there, I am Mohamed Dirie. A University of Minnesota student in the College of Liberal Arts. I am studying Scientific and Technical Communication, emphasis on Information Technology and Design and a Computer Science minor. I am excited to help you all learn more about the Uthink Blogs. My first experience with the movabletype blogs is back in spring 2011. I have gotten used to it pretty quickly because it is intuitive, so if something feels like it should do something then it should. Its similar to many other web blog softwares that are free such as Drupal and Wordpress, but there are many many more content management systems or cms's that can produce a blog for you in a more easier way.

Glad to be here to show you how to use the tools of the Uthink Blogs