Why Shouldn't You Date A Writer? // Liana Liu
This is Part II of Questions Answered by Drunk People at the dislocate Launch Party. For more information, read this. Also, hello summer! In my opinion, this summer is going to be the summer of the romper. I know that I am two (three?) years behind trend on this one, but the idea of wearing a one-piece shorts-suit takes some time to get used to. Fortunately, I am now used to the idea and ready to romp!
But enough about me. Why shouldn't you date a writer?
-Effin crazy! (1)
-"I want to live a thoughtless life and forget everything ever." (2)
-Break new ground in linguistic expression of desire, fetish, neurosis. (3)
-I want moneyz. (4)
-They have no money. :( For alcohol for you. (5)
-You're probably just not interesting enough. Sorry. (6)
-If you break up with them they'll put you in a book. (7)
-Even if you don't break up with them they'll probably put you in a book. (8)
-Because you can't afford their rehab bill. (9)
-They drag you to poetry readings when you're supposed to be at fantasy baseball draft. (10)
-Because they will dump you after they become rich and successful. (11)
-Because (the above) will never happen. (12)
-Your books and his/her books might not get along. (13)
-Josh Morsell is so cute though! (14)
(1) For me, this would be a reason why you should date a writer.
(2) I love the anger.
(3) Okay, so this same answer was given for "why you should date a writer" and last week I misread neurosis as neurons and was simultaneously confused and admiring. But now that I see that it is neurosis and that this answer was given for both questions, I am neither confused nor admiring. Well, maybe a little confused.
(4) Moneyz? I can't.
(5) It is likely that writers are writing these answers. Use that fact for context.
(7) Even if you don't date a writer, they'll put you in their book. No one is safe, no one, not ever.
(9) So much concern about financial matters! And alcohol! I have to real talk you: this is not a good look. Try a romper. I hear rompers are totally it for Summer 2010.
(10) I don't understand.
(11) Does this really happen? I'm skeptical.
(12) That's what I'm saying.
(13) That would be the worst!
Comment on this column at Tumblr.