« Yeah China!!! | Main | Why China? »

Scrambling

Well, I'm taking a short breather from running around and trying to get everything prepared to travel to China for a month, which the plane leaves tomorrow and I still have quite a bit left to do. I'm extremely excited to have an opportunity such as this and I think it will be a great experience. I will admit, I am a tad nervous since I don't really know what to expect, but it's nowhere near enough to hold me back. Hopefully I have everything squished into my bag that I will need, but if I don't, well, that's just part of the adventure I suppose.

Since there weren't enough books for everyone when they were getting passed out, I went to the library and got my hands on A Reader on China: An Introduction to China's history, culture, and civilization by Su Shuyang. There is definitely a lot of information packed into these pages, from some basic myths, such as how the planet was created, different geographic regions, and even some data on different philosophers and scientific advances. Overall, I thought it was a very interesting and worthwhile read.