« Day 3 | Main | Western Influence in China »

Day 3 Expo

Today was another great day in Beijing. We attended an expo that had just about everything you could think of in consumer electronics as well as renewable “green” energy. My group chose two companies to write a report about: Yeil Electronics (yeilelec.com) and VR Vision. Yeil Electronics has a brand new type of headphones. It sounds like you are listening to 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound with a subwoofer. If you put the headphones on a table and play music, the headphones will move around because they are vibrating from the bass. I don’t know how safe it is for your ears, but they sound great with techno and rap. They also had a pair that was able to go under water. Since Apple has not developed a waterproof iPod, I chose not to purchase that set of headphones. Well I am writing this post, I am listening to the headphones and love the sound quality of them. Since I purchased them at the expo, they were only $15 compared to open market where they are $45+. VR Vision is a Chinese company that developed a touch screen surface that is similar to Microsoft Surface but not as advanced. It only has touch screen technology and nothing to do with Bluetooth for your cell phone or able to swipe a credit card for payment. It also costs a lot less than Microsoft Surface so it would be more feasible for the common person or business to purchase.