Recently in Three Questions Category

Three Questions

1) What impact does the West have over how business is conducted in China? What are the differences and similarities in how the financial statements of a company are analyzed (China and United States)?

2) The history of China is nearly 2000+ years old. How does this rich cultural history affect China's behavior to different issues seen in the modern time?

3) What do the general people think about the One Child Policy in China?

My Questions

1.  I want to learn how the students in China cope with the different stresses that are brought upon them during their secondary education.  I want to see how much differently Chinese students deal with things that I would consider stressful and also with things I consider normal.

2.  I am very interested in the diet of the students and the Chinese people in general, I love to cook and eat and I cannot wait to experience a different cultures cuisine.  I also want to know how come a little tiny Chinese man can eat many more hot dogs much faster than a very large American Redneck.

3.  In Beijing, many people have gotten rich in the recent past, I want to explore and find out how the Chinese economy is effected by the western influences it has access to.  Things like the internet and mass production.

Three Questions

Do the Chinese people follow the "typical" stereotype?

What are the proper customs?

What do the students do there that we don't do here?

Three Questions

1) What impact does the West have over how business is conducted in China? What are the differences and similarities?

3 Questions to learn

Three Questions

1.  One thing that I am very interested in is advertising.  I am a marketing major, and am curious to see how companies change their advertising when in foreign markets.

2.  Another thing I would like to learn more about is how Chinese students view Americans.  I am excited to meet new people and learn about their culture, and want to learn more about what their perceptions are of us.

3.  Also, I would like to learn more about the governments role in businesses, and how much their politics effect the operations of companies.  

Three Questions

1.  Being that China is one of the oldest civilizations (if not the oldest) currently, how has this shaped and influenced their culture today?

2.  What are some common Chinese traditions that differ from western traditions?

3.  What's the biggest difference we'll notice while in China compared to our everyday normal American lives?

3 Things to Learn in China

1.  My first question is a purely cultural question.  I would like to know some underlying causes for why the Chinese people and Culture is so fundamentally different from our own.  And this is more than in the traditional sense that both nations have different histories.  I would like to know how individual Chinese values differ from our own.  Things like Collectivistic vs. Individualistic values are exactly what I mean.

2.  My second question I would like answered during this trip, is more of an Economic/Business question.  I want to know how Businesses work in China, compared to how they work in most of the rest of the world.  The effect of Communism in China is having a very unique effect on how businesses operate, and the differences in Chinese supply chains, resource management, etc... are all things I would like to learn about.

3.  Lastly,  being a MIS major (and generally interested in technology), I would like to know what China is doing to bring itself a little more up-to-date.  By this, I mean I would like to know how China is developing technology, what they are doing to encourage the expansion of the technology industry within the country.

Three Questions

What level of influence does the West have on Chinese business and culture?

To what extent does the censorship policy affect the daily life of Chinese citizens?

How do the Chinese feel about the United States of America and American values?

Things I Wish to Learn While in China

1. China has been one of the most popular countries to expand business, but also has some restrictive laws concerning foreign investors. I would like to know how foreign business's deal with the laws of the government and in which ways they had to adapt to them.

2. Since my major is primarily concerned with technology, I would like to know how China adapts to its exponential growth. I would also like to know if they use it similar to the West, or if they adapt the technology to fit their cultural needs.

3. I am very interested on how Chinese students differ from us. I would like to know what differences (if any) the Chinese universities have from the one here in the West. I'm also curious to know what kind of degrees the universities in China offer.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Three Questions category.

Second Week in Tianjin is the previous category.